The all new Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam Outdoor HD IP Security Camera offers the latest innovations in secure home monitoring, improving on the our super successful previous generation of Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam Outdoor HD IP Security Cameras. It uses many of the greatest features available for IP Network cameras on the market along with the best available technology to deliver a quality camera at an affordable price. Combine that with a user-friendly installation and remote access to view and record everything that happens in your home or office, all from your smartphone, tablet or PC. For outdoor monitoring, consider using the all new Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam Wireless Indoor HD IP Security Camera. Both cameras can be used and accessed together as a whole home solution for monitoring your property both indoors and outdoors.
• Supports Mulit-Stream capability for multiple users at one time
• Supports ONVIF/RTSP protocols
• Improved Lens, now using a 3.6mm@F1.4
• Improved Mounting Bracket
• Increased Viewing Angle to 56°
• Upgraded App for iOS and Android
* all new features are as of February 2015
720p High-Definition Resolution
Capture Images in the Dark
The Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam offers an excellent video resolution at 1280x720 pixels (720p) High-Definition (HD) for crystal clear video, so you an always see exactly what is going on while you're away. This camera is deisgned to be outside - it has an Ingress Protection (IP) Rating of 66; dust tight and is protected against water (comparable to typical bad weather such as rain, snow, etc.). There are 30 built-in infrared (IR) LEDs with IR Cut technology that will capture images in darkness (down to 1.0 lux) up to 15 meters away - in other words, you'll have night vision!
No professional installation, no crawling into the attic, no drilling holes to run audio/video cables and no opening walls is required - once setup, this camera simply requires power. Connect the camera to a wireless router, power it up and install the app. Follow a few steps and in minutes disconnect from the router and take full advantage of the wireless connection. Receive an email notification, capture a screenshot, or record high-definition video of activity when motion has been detected using a built-in, motion sensor with adjustable sensitivity.
Remotely view 4 cameras simultaneously. This eliminates going back and forth within an app to find a camera. You can conveniently see all the activity from each camera on a single screen.
The Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam Outdoor Wireless HD IP Security Camera is primarily designed for use with your smartphone or tablet to quickly and easily keep track of activities wherever you are via an App on your mobile device. You can record directly to your device and even capture snapshots of anything taking place. However it is not limited to these applications.
This camera, as well as the Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam Indoor Wireless HD IP Security Camera, can also be setup to act as a more typical surveillance system, using your computer as a DVR. PC software is available (see Manuals tab above) that will allow you to install a desktop program, giving you access to all of your cameras (up to 81 cameras are viewable). From this program you can monitor activity, schedule recordings, and upgrade your camera firmware when needed, all from the comfort of your computer.
* Please note: the desktop client is for PC computers only at this time and is not compatible with Apple/Mac computers.
Mobile Device AppsWhen using an app for your smartphone or tablet to access your cameras, any video you capture locally will only be playable from that device. These video files are not intended to be sent out or emailed for use other than with your mobile device and is not recommended.
PC SoftwarePlease download/install the PC Desktop Client Software zip file located in the Manuals tab of this page (above) instead of downloading the files from the website indicated in the owner's manual supplied with your camera. The files on this page have been properly formatted for use on all PC computers.
Firmware UpgradePlease download/install the Firmware Upgrade Software zip file located in the Manuals tab of this page (above) instead of downloading the files from the website indicated in the owner's manual supplied with your camera. The files on this page have been properly formatted for use on all PC computers. If upgrading the firmware wirelessly, it may take more than one attempt.
• Home Owners / Renters - keep tabs on any activity taking place in your home, at any time, day or night
• Parents - watch over your little ones as a baby cam - as a nanny cam you can make sure your kids a being cared for properly
• Traveler - see what your loved ones are up to while you are away, you can even communicate with them
• Business - ensure that your property is safe, customers are being taken care of and that employees are working
• Pool - avoid disasters by receiving an email alert when motion is detected in around your pool and/or spa are
Remote AccessAs with most IP / Network cameras, the Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam IP cameras are designed to work with a specific set of applications for iOS and Android as outlined in the Owner's Manual.
• These apps are for use with smartphone and tablets, and are not currently intended for use with a PC or Mac computer
• Smarthome SELECT Vstarcam IP cameras will not work with Insteon for Hub, MobiLinc, or any other 3rd party software or application
Wireless Networks and IP CamerasThe strength of any wireless connection between an IP camera and a wireless device such as a smartphone or tablet, especially when transmitting HD 720p or greater resolution, is directly related to the quality of several things:
• your wireless networking devices (modem, router, access point, etc.)
• the bandwidth you have selected from your Internet Service provider where the camera will be located
• cellular signal strength or the bandwidth available from the Wi-Fi connection you are remotely connected to
• for an HD 720p video stream, your wireless device must also be capable of displaying video in HD 720p resolution
Legal ConsiderationsSmarthome recommends that you research your local and state laws related to audio and video surveillance before implementing this product. Also, if your network uses a wireless router provided by your cable or satellite provider this IP Camera (and most other IP camera's that allow remote access to your network) may not be compatible. This is because wireless routers provided by your cable or satellite company often restrict port forwarding and other wireless router configurations. Please contact your cable or satellite provider for information regarding this.
Click here to view original web page at www.smarthome.com